Strategize for Success:
Strategic Marketing Fundamentals for Serious Yoga Professionals – Live (Online) Program
OFFERED LIVE ONCE A YEAR:
The next program runs October 2020
US Date / TIme: Oct 5, 12, 19, 26 (7pm EST / 4pm PST)
AUS Date: Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 (10am AEST)
New in 2020*:
* Participants who register before Sept 13
get a pre-program one-to-one call with Ann Marie (Sept 14-22)
Maximize your efforts and extend your reach…
You have an amazing gift to share with the world.
How can you best get the word out and connect with the right clients?
Strategize for Success is for serious yoga therapists and specialists who want to make a bigger impact on the world.
2020 has thrown us more curveballs than we could have ever imagined. As we are re-envisioning what our businesses look like for the future; it’s important that we lay a firm foundation for where we want our business to go.
This four week marketing program was created to help you be strategic about your business and lay the right foundation to help your business thrive.
Whether you’re just getting started; or you’re looking to adapt to the new world we’re presented with; this program will help you get clear on the crucial elements required to help you make the most impact by connecting with the right clients.
For those wanting ongoing support and accountability; I run a 10 month ‘Growth Mindset‘ group coaching program directly after Strategize for Success to help you take your business further. (In 2020, personal coaching now also available.)
Work together with Marketing Strategist (& YogaMate & Global Yoga Therapy Day Founder),
Ann Marie Johnston, as we outline and build the foundation for an effective marketing strategy
We’ll get clear on the marketing fundamentals critical to your success; how to convey your uniqueness, reach the right audience and communicate effectively to connect with the individuals you are best set to help
Your target audience has a *specific* problem that you have the perfect solution to.
But acquisition marketing is just one part of the equation. We cover how to nurture your connections to create & retain more loyal customers
No more staggering in the dark, hoping that your marketing and programs will hit their target & gain traction.
Clear, concise vision with targeted solutions that resonate with your audience
Only offered live once a year.
* * Program runs for 4 consecutive weeks.
This program is NOT about the specific tactics that you’ll employ (tactics should come *after* the strategy is defined, otherwise you’ll be throwing money away) – rather we’re going to look at the fundamental and crucial elements that set the foundation for *all* of your marketing and business endeavors.
- Understand the crucial elements required to help form the basis of an effective marketing strategy
- Understand how to create a strong online presence that targets your ‘ideal’ customer
- Gain clarity around your purpose, what makes you unique and the importance of leading with your ‘why’ so you can more effectively communicate
- Idetnfiy your key business objectives and drivers and align your actions against them
- Build a stronger brand, underpinned by the values, personality and elements that shape a customer’s perception;
- Create stronger awareness for your brand & better understand purchase decisions and how to build more customer loyalty
- Tie your strategy together, and have a clear and action oriented road map for moving your business forward
* New in 2020 – register before Sept 13 and get a foundational support call with Ann Marie prior to starting the program.
Program starts Monday October 5, 2020.
"Most people dive straight into tactics (websites, fliers, social media, etc) without a clear strategy underpinning their decisions."
Consider this money thrown away. Without the strategic foundations set, you’ll have little chance of being effective or building a long term and sustainable business for yourself.
I’ll guide you how to effectively communicate your value to the right people so you can make the impact you aspire to.
What does this live, online program entail? Is it right for me?
This program is for yoga therapists & specialists passionate and committed to strategically building their business to make more impact.
We’ll strip back to the basic foundations of what your business is about – the essence of why you’re working in this space. Then we’ll get clear where you want to go – and how we’re going to get there.
Jump in heads first if:
- You understand the importance of marketing, but aren’t clear on how best to go about making the most impact for the least effort
- You’re tired of wasting money or spinning your wheels and you’re feeling frustrated with where your business is
- Or you’re just getting started and want to lay the right foundations to maximize your success; and
- You are ready & committed* to taking your business to the next level
* The live course runs for 4 consecutive weeks – 2 hours a night; plus, there’s another ~2 hours of home work each week
Note: If the dates don’t work, you might want to try our On-Demand Strategize for Success where you’ll get access to the recorded video of each week’s program after the live course runs.
The Strategic Marketing & Branding Program runs for 4 consecutive weeks:
(US Mon Oct 5, 12, 19, 26 – 7pm EST / 4pm PST; AUS Tues morning; 10am AEST)
New in 2020: First 10 participants who register before Sept 13 have the opportunity to participate in a one-to-one mentoring session with Ann Marie before the program begins*.
*Available to those who purchase into the course before Sept 13. Mentoring sessions will be held between Sept 14 – 22.
Week 1: Strategic Planning & Marketing Foundations
In the first week we:
- Get clear on what drives you and your business.
- Get clear on the importance of having a marketing strategy (and what exactly a strategy entails)
- Go through the Marketing 101 Fundamentals and the foundational elements absolutely critical to our success
- Conduct a Strategic Review and ‘baseline assessment’ for your business
- Conduct Situational Analysis – Get clear on what’s working, what’s not; what your competitors are doing and environmental factors that may impact your business direction
- Outline your top level SMART business goals
- Create a clear definition of success and begin to plan out how to get there.
Week 2: Your Why – and Why They Care
In week 2 we:
- Dive deep into understanding your USP (unique selling proposition)
- Discuss the key elements of a USP and where they overlap to make up your own unique customer value proposition
- Clarify your ‘Why’ – the purpose behind what you’re doing and the vision and mission for your business – and why this is critical to successful marketing
- Look at the customer and their needs / motivations and address their ‘after’ state
- Understand the Customer Funnel & create you Ideal Clients Avatars
- Understand the importance of segmenting and aligning our customer’s needs to the services we offer
- Craft a positioning statement that clarifies what our business enables our customer to solve
Week 3: Creating a Strong Brand
In week 3 we gain clarity around the key elements that make up a strong brand. We uncover how your values play out in your brand and how this impacts your overall marketing strategy.
You’ll get clear on each building block that creates your brand equity, including:
- How to create a solid Branding Strategy
- Understanding what Brand Loyalty is & how to create it
- Uncover the core elements that make up your brand and how to keep them at the forefront to connect with the ‘right’ customers for your business
- Brand Personality & Values, Promise
- Key Messaging & Keywords
- Your brand story & elevator pitch
Week 4: Getting the Word Out – Authentic Marketing Promotion
We know where we’ve been and where you want to go. Now it’s time to outline how you’re going to get there!
You’ll workshop how you’re going to hit your goals, what tactics you’re going to utilize and how you’re going to implement (i.e., the actual tactics that feel good for your business).
You’ll also plan out the intention behind your tactics and the projected outcomes so that you can measure your ROI (return on investment) to make smart decisions into the future.
Specifically, we cover:
- The ins and outs of marketing promotion
- How to be authentic and effective in your marketing
- Setting your budget
- Strategic priorities
- Aligning your marketing tactics to your strategic priorities
- Tactics projections
- Planning out your calendar
- Measuring your success
- Reviewing your work – Knowing when to tweak or pivot
Testimonials from Recent Program Participants
Dr Amy Wheeler
C-IAYT. Ex-President IAYT
“I thought I knew how to market my Yoga Therapy business. But I must say that the program blew my mind.
All of my old ways of thinking about marketing were challenged and replaced with a values system I had not considered before. Ann Marie helped me to see that my I need to get in touch with my beliefs and values. And then from my deepest values emerged a plan to reach people who share my values.
This idea blossomed seamlessly into a very structured approach with action items, goals and deadlines for me to implement. I am considering having all of my Optimal State Yoga Therapy trainees take the program before they graduate. It was simply fantastic. Everyone should take this program!”
It was gratifying to connect with other yoga therapists around the world who are all striving to go to the next level in their business and aspirations.
The program has helped me leverage my platform from mediocre to the best it can be.
I completely re-designed my website with more clarity and focus, I streamlined who I target, I got new headshots, a new logo, new colors, etc.
Best of all, I finally got around to hiring a production crew to video a series of yoga therapy sessions that will be available for subscription (very soon!).
None of this would have happened if it hadn’t been for Ann Marie’s wisdom and encouragement.
Dr Steffany Moonaz
Most of us are not taught the skills to succeed in business anywhere in our formal education or our yoga training.
Fortunately, there are a few rare gems who have a passion for yoga AND a background in business. Ann Marie Johnson is one of those people.
Ann Marie systematically goes through concepts that we all need to succeed in business, accessible to those with little background and those with established businesses who want to move to the next level.
I’d highly recommend enrolling for her programs.
I have been an entrepreneur in the health and wellness industry for 15 years and marketing was one of the most daunting aspects of my business, always delegated to the bottom of my “to do” list. This program completely shifted my perspective!
Ann Marie produced an extraordinary program, rich with content, and step by step strategic planning worksheets. Her ability to clearly articulate difficult concepts transformed daunting to illuminating. Through directed inner reflection, I streamlined and refined my niche and finished the program with a living marketing strategy.
If you want to find your WHY, identify your niche and build great marketing systems in your business this program is a must!
The program runs for 2 hours session, over four weeks. Each session you’ll be actively working on your business – in real time with a recording provided after.
Following each call, there will be some homework. (Of course you can do any of the homework at the pace you want; however I encourage participants to join in live and do their best to stay up with their homework to get the most from the course and your time with me.
You’ll leave the program with a clear marketing strategy and plan of action to help you make smart, concise decisions for your business moving forwards.
You’ll specifically have:
- A clearly defined understanding of what drives you and makes you unique (so you can better articulate that to prospective students and clients)
- A better understanding of who your best customer is and how to best address their pain points
- A better understanding of how to connect with the *right* customers and how to communicate & reach them through your marketing, in a way that feels good to you – and gains traction
- Clearly articulated brand positioning, with a style guide to ensure a consistent approach to your branding
- Your business’ top strategic priorities and the action you need take to address them
- A 6-12 month strategic calendar for your business
All Strategize for Success participants have the opportunity to continue into Ann Marie’s ongoing monthly marketing group coaching, Growth Mindset Group Coaching for those wishing for ongoing accountability to continue working on and improving their business*.
*Bundle discounts available for those who pre-purchase into both.
Investment – $1597
(Early Bird Pricing: $1357 before Sept 13)
Get clear on where you’re going to create more impact and be far more successful.
The program includes four workshop dates (8+ hours of guidance), worksheets, homework; plus one-to-one pre-program guidance with Ann Marie Johnston.
Investment in Strategize for Success is $1597.
Early Bird Pricing Available Through Sept 13
About your host…
Ann Marie Johnston, MBM, is a marketing strategist, entrepreneur, yoga professional & mom/mum of two energetic young boys.
After experiencing over 15 years of depression, yoga (mainly in the form of pranayama and meditation) transformed Ann Marie’s life.
At the time, she was working as marketing consultant within the wine industry (another industry that has public understanding challenges!), when she enrolled in her first 500 hours of training. Thought she originally had no intentions to teach (let alone shift her career trajectory); Ann Marie felt the knowledge gained in her training was too profound not to share.
In 2016, Ann Marie founded YogaMate a marketing and professional development platform for yoga therapist & specialists. She has since gone on to develop the apps Yoga Therapeutics Pro & Yoga for Better Health and founded the Global Yoga Therapy Day.
Ann Marie is focused on championing therapeutic yoga and bringing awareness that if you can breathe, you can practice yoga; helping make these tools accessible to all.
She has presented on marketing strategy for Yoga Professionals at international conferences, including the IAYT’s Symposium of Yoga Therapy and Research (SYTAR), the Accessible Yoga Conference, the Yoga Australia Conference, the Global Yoga Therapy Day and has been featured on podcasts and presented workshops for yoga therapy schools.
Before YogaMate, Ann Marie worked as a marketing consultant and strategist for the past two decades in a range of industries across Australia and the United States.
Ann Marie is passionate about empowering solepreneurs and small businesses to thrive in their marketing efforts so they can more effectively share their passions & knowledge and ultimately make more impact in the world. Contact Ann Marie if you want to know more.