Strategic Marketing Fundamentals for Yoga Professionals – Live (Online) Program
“I thought I knew how to market my Yoga Therapy business. But I must say that the program blew my mind.
All of my old ways of thinking about marketing were challenged and replaced with a values system I had not considered before. Ann Marie helped me to see that my I need to get in touch with my beliefs and values. And then from my deepest values emerged a plan to reach people who share my values. Like attracts like, as we say in Ayurveda!
This idea blossomed seamlessly into a very structured approach with action items, goals and deadlines for me to implement. I am considering having all of my Optimal State Yoga Therapy trainees take the program before they graduate. It was simply fantastic. Everyone should take this program!”
Dr. Amy Wheeler, President, IAYT
Our next live, online program will be held in Aug / Sept 2019
Dates: Aug 27, Sept 3, Sept 10, Sept 17
US Time: 8pm EST / 5pm PST
AUS Time (Wed mornings – 10am AEST)
Price – $1497
Early bird – Register by Aug 15 – $1297
Maximize your efforts and extend your reach…
Are you an experienced, qualified, Yoga Professional tired of spending vast amounts of energy creating amazing new programs for your clients & students, then gaining little to no traction; or
Have you recently launched (or are trying to grow) your business and feeling like there is little traction and focus in your marketing efforts?
Perhaps you’ve attained your C-IAYT and you’re thinking to yourself, ‘Now what’?
- Struggle with how to communicate your value and how you’re different from other Yoga Professionals;
- Don’t feel you have a clear grasp of how to best connect with the people most in need of your services; and
- The idea of ‘marketing’ yourself leaves you cold & uncertain – but you recognize something needs to change for you to make more impact
Then this Strategic Marketing Fundamentals Live Online Program is for you!
Work together with Marketing Strategist (& YogaMate Founder),
Ann Marie Johnston, as we outline and build the foundation for an effective marketing & brand strategy
We’ll get clear on the marketing fundamentals; how to reach the right audience and how to most effectively communicate your offering to gain traction
Your target audience has a *specific* problem that you have the perfect solution to.
We’ll get clear on the benefits you offer, who you should target, and how you can best reach your audience
No more staggering in the dark, hoping that your marketing and programs will hit their target & gain traction.
Clear, concise vision with targeted solutions that resonate with your audience
Join us in our next Live, Interactive, Online Program
(Next dates – 4 weeks in August/Sept 2019). If you are looking for assistance now, you can get this same great contact through our On Demand Marketing Program.
This workshop is NOT about the specific tactics that you’ll employ (tactics should come *after* the strategy is defined, otherwise you’ll be throwing money away) – rather we’re going to look at marketing and branding fundamentals:
- Gaining clarity around your purpose, what makes you unique and leading with your ‘why’
- How to identify your ‘ideal’ clients and communicate with them more effectively
- Clarity around where you are and where you want to go – what your key business objectives and drivers are
- Your brand artchitecture – the values, personality and essence that help shape the customer’s perception
- Clearly defining the customer pain point and the solutions (benefits) that you provide
- How to create stronger brand awareness for your business
- Tying it all together and getting the word out
You’ll leave the workshop with a clear framework and strategic priorities for how to focus your resources moving forwards.
Our next Program is scheduled to start just after the Global Yoga Therapy Day.
Date for the program are August & September 2019: (Tuesday nights US 8pm EST / 5pm PST)
Program runs for 4 nights: Aug 27, Sept 3, Sep 10, Sep 17
"I have amazing knowledge & passion for my business; but I don't know how to connect with the people who seem to need my services..."
My friend, you aren’t alone.
You likely didn’t go into Yoga because you wanted to own a small business; rather you likely did so because you are passionate about helping others and sharing your knowledge.
But this is where the challenge lies. You could be the best teacher (business / product or service) in the world; but if you don’t effectively communicate your value to the right people, you simply can’t make the impact that you hope to.
Many people dive straight into tactics (websites, fliers, social media, newsletters, etc) without a clear strategy underpinning their decisions. Consider this money thrown away; for without the strategic foundations set, you’re effectively staggering blindly in the dark.
What does this online workshop entail? Is it right for me?
This workshop is Yoga Professionals passionate and committed to strategically building their business to make more impact.
We’re going to strip back to the basic foundations of what your business is about – look at where you want to go – and how we’re going to get there.
Jump in heads first if:
- You understsand the importance of marketing, but aren’t clear on how best to go about making the most impact for the least effort
- You fee like you need a bit of a leg up and a focus to ground your marketing efforts
- You are ready to take their business to the next level
Proceed with caution if:
- You can’t commit to the time the 4.5 hour workshop is being run (in which case you might want to try our On-Demand Marketing & Brand Strategy Program)
- You aren’t ready to invest back into your business’ marketing with time, energy and money
The Strategic Marketing & Branding Program runs for 4 weeks
Week 1: Strategic Marketing Planning & Marketing Foundations for Serious Yoga Professionals
In the first week we:
- Clarify the importance of having a marketing strategy (and what exactly a strategy entails)
- Go through the Marketing 101 Fundamentals and the 5 key factors critical to our success
- Conduct a Strategic Review of Our Current Marketing & Brand Health -Developing a ‘Baseline Assessment’ for our business as it stands to date
- Conduct Situational Analysis – Get clear on what’s working, what’s not; What our Competitors are doing; environmental factors that may impact our business direction, etc
- Outline our top level SMART Business Goals
- Understand the importance of Niching down
- Create a clear definition of what success means to us; inclusive of our non negotiables and our personal number
Week 2: Your USP (Unique Selling Proposition)
In week 2 we:
- Dive deep into understanding your USP
- Discuss the key elements and where they overlap to make up your own unique Customer Value Proposition (The intersection between the Marketplace Offerings, what the customer needs and what you offer)
- Discuss your ‘Why’ – the purpose behind what you’re doing and the vision and mission for your business
- Look at the customer and their needs / motivations and address their ‘after’ state
- Understand the Customer Funnel & create you Ideal Clients Avatars
- Understand the importance of segmenting and aligning our customer’s needs to the services we offer
- Craft a positioning statement that clarifies what our business enables our customer to solve
Week 3: Branding Fundamentals, Authentic Marketing and Promotional Tactics
Your brand is so much more than your logo; it is what the customer says about you when you’re no longer in the room.
In this module you’ll get clear on each building block that creates your brand equity, including:
- How to create a solid Branding Strategy
- The difference between Branding, Identity and Logo
- Understanding what Brand Loyalty is & why / how to create it
- Gain a clear understanding of the core elements that make up your brand
- Brand Personality & Values
- Brand Promise
- Colors, Fonts, Imagery, Voice
- Key Messaging & Keywords
- Craft Our Elevator Pitch
Week 4: Getting Clear on Where We’re Going & Getting the Word Out
We know where we’ve been and where you want to go. Now it’s time to identify how to get there!
You’ll workshop how you’re going to hit your goals, what tactics you’re going to utilize and how you’re going to implement (i.e., the actual tactics that feel good for your business).
You’ll also plan out the intention behind your tactics and the projected outcomes so that you can measure your ROI (return on investment) to make smart decisions into the future.
Specifically, we cover:
- Getting the word out – Promotional Marketing
- Authentic Marketing
- Setting Your Budget
- Strategic Priorities
- Aligning your marketing tactics to your strategic priorities
- Tactics, Projections
- Planning out your calendar
- Measuring your success
- Reviewing your work – Knowing when to tweak or pivot
Testimonials from Past Workshop Participants
“Ann Marie understands the efforts of yoga therapists and teachers, the market and our needs. She helped me to overcome my “marketing” block and to move forward with confidence. This is an excellent program. Thank you!”Lee Majewski
“Thank you Ann Marie for the amazing workshop. I got so much out of it! The materials you supplied us in the workshop have all of the ingredients we need to create a solid marketing plan.”Nancy Sinton
“Ann Marie thank you again for such inspiring work. The Marketing and Brand Strategy Workshop was superb. I have a lot to work on, but feel that I have a lot of direction now.”Linda Varnam
“Ann Marie is a generous and highly skilled presenter. I can say with confidence the tools and critical thinking that I gained have given me clarity in positioning and marketing myself.”Shawn Ashkanasya
“More detail, please?”
Sure thing, here are the specifics:
The workshop will be limited to a maximum of 30 Live (online) Attendees. This ensures that I’m able to offer more personal attention and the direction you need to make smart decisions for your business moving forwards.
The program runs for 2 hours session, over four weeks. Each session you’ll be actively working on your business – in real time (& yes, you’ll have some homework tasks each week).
Of course you can do any of the homework at the pace you want; however you’ll get more out of the program if you can commit to doing them before each call – and I’ll be better positioned to tailor help you.
You’ll leave the program with a clear strategy to help you make smart, concise decisions for your business moving forwards.
You’ll specifically have:
- A clearly defined understanding of what drives you and makes you unique (so you can better articulate that to prospective students and clients)
- A better understanding of who your best customer is and how to best address their pain points
- A better understanding of how to connect with the *right* customers and how to communicate & reach them through your marketing, in a way that feels good to you – and gains traction
- Clearly articulated brand positioning, with a style guide to ensure a consistent approach to your branding
- Your business’ top strategic priorities and the action you need take to address them
- A 6-12 month strategic calendar for your business
All workshop participants have the opportunity to Continue the Journey with our 10 month marketing group coaching following the workshop, if you are inspired.
Get clear on where you’re going to create more impact and be far more successful.
Your investment ($1497) includes four workshop dates (8+ hours of guidance), worksheets, homework and personal guidance from Ann Marie Johnston through the YogaMate Pro Marketing Mastermind Facebook Group.
Register before Aug 15th as an early bird and save $200.
Hear more about the online workshop & why you should join me
Ready to invest in taking your business to the next level?
What are you waiting for?
Make the commitment today to set your clear foundation.
Choose to work smarter, not harder; extending your reach and impact further.
About your host…
Ann Marie Johnston, MBM, is a marketing strategist, entrepreneur, yoga teacher and mom/mum of two.
She is the Founder of YogaMate, a knowledge sharing platform providing yoga practice creation and marketing tools for Yoga Therapists & Specialists and the apps, Yoga Therapeutics Pro & Yoga for Better Health.
Before YogaMate, Ann Marie was a marketing strategy consultant working with SME’s (Small and Medium Sized Businesses) and has worked with international clients across the United States and Australia. She has presented on marketing strategy for Yoga Professionals at international Yoga conferences, including the IAYT’s Symposium of Yoga Therapy and Research (SYTAR), the Accessible Yoga Conference and the Yoga Australia Conference.
Ann Marie’s focus is empowering small businesses to understand their uniqueness, convey their value and effectively share their passions & knowledge to make more impact. Before YogaMate, Ann Marie ran marketing & brand strategy workshops for clients in the food and wine industry across Australia. Contact Ann Marie if you want to know more.